EVERYONE WELCOME TO TMP"S WRITING SCHOOL!!!

Made something cool? Share it here!

EVERYONE WELCOME TO TMP"S WRITING SCHOOL!!!

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Tue May 10, 2016 7:56 am

If you've ever had an idea for a story, but just didn't know how to put it on the page, well you're in luck. Just sign up by letting me know you want to learn and whoop-dee-do!
Whenever someone's asked what power they wish they had, flyings always at the top of the list. but I have to admit, I've learned to love falling too.
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

Re: EVERYONE WELCOME TO TMP"S WRITING SCHOOL!!!

PostPosted by Zufawx » Tue May 10, 2016 8:17 am

How to not think what you're writing is أنبوب when writing it down and deleting it.
"Life needs things to live." - Percy, Critical Role
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Tue May 10, 2016 9:49 am

Never delete anything. EVER. Save it. If you don't like it, rewrite. Or edit. Maybe pick out an idea or one single aspect of what you wrote that you do like and build solely on that. Don't be afraid to recreate your work. Sometimes the idea you have is absolutely perfect, it will just take some time to word it correctly. if you really want to have a knack for writing effortlessly, Read. Alot. When reading the subconscious soaks up the way sentences and other things are worded by authors. Then when you write, let the subconscious take over and do the writing for you.

Did you have a specific piece in mind? If so send it to me I'd like to read it. (Sometimes we can be our own worst critics. It helps to have outside views)
Whenever someone's asked what power they wish they had, flyings always at the top of the list. but I have to admit, I've learned to love falling too.
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Krissy » Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 am

pffft I'm the best writer here
Hello, I'm Krissy, a part-time team leader of KrazyNet. I try to be active when I can but junior year is tough and I probably won't make it as much as I'd like. I am around to chat quite a bit but for forum-related questions you should probably consult krazykat.

Put a :krazyFire: in your sig to support the best ship!
Krissy
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 am

Can i see some of your writing? i love reading other peoples works
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Krissy » Tue May 10, 2016 9:53 am

sure let me finish my :topTier: story first
Hello, I'm Krissy, a part-time team leader of KrazyNet. I try to be active when I can but junior year is tough and I probably won't make it as much as I'd like. I am around to chat quite a bit but for forum-related questions you should probably consult krazykat.

Put a :krazyFire: in your sig to support the best ship!
Krissy
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Tue May 10, 2016 9:54 am

Awsome i can't wait!
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by EpicHawk » Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 am

I'm thinking of writing a critical essay on Arrow, and I don't know how to start it. I have all the points down, I just need to come up with a great lead. How should I start off?
INSERT BORING SIGNATURE THAT NOBODY READS
EpicHawk
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

PostPosted by krazy » Tue May 10, 2016 10:42 am

I don't want to see anything that comes out of Krissy's imagination lol :zufawxHelp:
krazy
Mittens
Mittens

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Wed May 11, 2016 8:03 am

Epic, if you plan to critique something I would suggest by starting out with a positive line. Something calling homage to old Arrow and praising it for example(If your essay is what I assume it to be about) If you begin it with a positive line you reel in the lovers of the show and the haters as well. It also makes your writing sound mature and reasonable which causes readers to be more likely to be interested. Remember that when critiquing something you are not just pointing out faults. You are also praising the things they have done well. People are more likely to be receptive to criticism if they are told something good first. So begin with a positive line, insert a "but" statement(doesn't have to use the word but you get my meaning) and proceed to lay down your facts. Don't forget to put some good things in there too.
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

Next

Return to User-Created Content