CW-Verse Discussion Page.

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other categories here.

Re: CW-Verse Discussion Page.

PostPosted by EpicHawk » Wed May 25, 2016 9:56 pm

ARROW (⌐■_■) SUCKS RIGHT NOW!
INSERT BORING SIGNATURE THAT NOBODY READS
EpicHawk
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

I'm not watching Arrow again

PostPosted by Zufawx » Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Before reading this, let the record show that I liked some parts of S4
- Damian Darkh
- Star City
- That Ray/Roy episode
- Curtis
- Oliver's election arc

And that's all...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(⌐■_■) this show. No seriously, (⌐■_■) it in the dunkeh. This show became a steamy pile of أنبوب that makes Dexter's finale look good. This show has turned from something great to something so royally (⌐■_■)! WARNING: SPOILERS FOR S4

The inconsistencies, like those (⌐■_■) nukes, the lazy writing, like (⌐■_■) Malcolm, and the Olicity drama, OH GOD THE (⌐■_■) OLICITY DRAMA, have all but ruined this show. It used to be awesome, epic, and exciting.

This season is possibly the worst season of Arrow so far. I don't agree with the statement that this was "A door the show needed to follow" at all. It's not a door. It shouldn't even be a door. It should be a (⌐■_■) canyon the writing of Arrow fell into. The writing inconsistencies plague this once great show, and the writing doesn't help it wait her.

- How did the nuke Felicity first hack into didn't hit anything? The way it was projected, it should've hit something.
- Why can Felicity hack nukes? Nukes can't be hacked into.
- Who owns the (⌐■_■) lodge? Is it Donna? Thea? Anybody?
- How come Damian couldn't just kill everybody before he started losing his powers?
- He was trained by the League! Why should he resort to magic?
- The final fight scene was أنبوب. They're both highly trained in martial arts and they're just trading punches in the face back and forth? Did the action scene choreographer take time off or what?
- What was the corn for?
- Let's not forget the "two hours" that started at night time, included some daylight, then ended at night.
- What was that tattoo on Oliver's for?
- How did HIVE get their hands on the artifact?
- When Curtis made that chip thing, why wasn't it a big deal? Shouldn't that have made Palmer Tech super important?
- There was no point in telling Felicity's dad to leave, so why?
- The 2 hour time limit lasted for a day. A (⌐■_■) day. Night and Day. That's definently 2 hours, guys.
- How come Anarky can take Oliver, Thea, and Diggle?
- Why can't Oliver make his own decisions, and have to rely on Felciity?
- What are Darkh's powers? They've been really inconsistent.
- Why in gods name did they make the flashbacks even less interesting than S3?
- How come Felicity is only his light?
- When Felicity got shot, Oliver goes on a rampage. But when Laurel dies, someone who he has known for years and has a personal history with, someone who has always been by his side, he just shrugges it off. What?
- So I'm guessing offscreen the nukes exploded in space?
- If it's so easy to hack a nuke, why is this not a threat to national security?
- What happened to HIVE?
- What did Laurel say to Ollie? You know what, I think the writers added that in and didn't bother to come up with a reason.
- Why the green filter for his costume?
- Why didn't Felciity do something when her mom was being choke. I don't care about that probability of her dying, it's HER FREAKING MOM!
- ...and a lot more (⌐■_■) problems with this show.

And that original team arrow thing, oh my god, I wanted to stab Felciity in the eye for saying that. She was never apart of the OTA.

This season on a whole made me realize that they're other better versions of this show, and I don't need to waste any time with this crap.

So goodbye Arrow. Hopefully a new show runner with replace the current one, and the writing team all die in a hole. Goodbye.
"Life needs things to live." - Percy, Critical Role
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by EpicHawk » Thu May 26, 2016 9:11 am

In light of the Arrow Reddit changing to the Daredevil Reddit, I think it's safe to say that the fans have abandoned this show. The halfway point of Season 3 was good and then it fell downhill the rest of the way.
In the final moment when Oliver shot that arrow at Darhk in the finale, I actually yelled at the TV because that arrow could've hit someone. Plus, the appeasement to Olicity shippers, the death that didn't do anything to save the show, Thea needing a boyfriend every two seconds of her life (with Roy, it made sense at least), the lack luster final battle (a stab to the stomach with an arrow? That's how he dies?), and hackable nukes (seriously, how?), I think I'm justified in saying that this season is one of the worst Arrow has ever had, and I pray CW looks into this and try and save it.

Guggenheim better get demoted to writing staff. He wrote some pretty good episodes from what I've heard, so at least he'll be in his element or something.
EpicHawk
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

PostPosted by EpicHawk » Fri May 27, 2016 8:50 am

By the way, Guggenheim also wrote the Green Lantern movie screenplay. The one that sucked.
EpicHawk
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

PostPosted by Zufawx » Fri May 27, 2016 9:29 am

Here's the thing. Sure, being a true fan means that you support hen when they're down, I get that whole part.

The only part I had is when the show doesn't try and fix itself. I know not everything is perfect, but they shouldn't be this much lazy writing. Malcom changing his side all the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) time, Donna being shoehorned into the plot, Laurels death being chocked up to an Olicity moment, nukes that are being hacked by just a click of a keyboard, Damian Darkh vs Oliver chocking up to literally slowly punching each other(If you watch it again, they don't even try and counter each other), Darhk's powers being inconsistent, and huge events that should affect characters being sidelined in favor of more useless family drama.

The romance in the Flash is done much better. Barry and Iris do say that they love each other sometimes, and that's normal, but I should know even when they're not talking to each other that they care for one another. Arrow needs to constantly remind us that Oliver and Felicity care for each other. Curtis mentions it, Laurel mentioned it, Donna has to talk about it, Ray has to talk about it, everybody has to say something about it, instead of just showing it and doesn't work at all.

Heck, AoS did a similar plot point with someone going to die, and they did it better. They had to stop a warhead from blowing up a planet, and they did it better than Arrow did. They couldn't just hack a nuke, and get it over with. Even the death was done better. And I know that AoS is different from Arrow, but the AoS writers actually planned how the season would go. The writers for Arrow literally decided who to kill as the episode where Laurel was going to die was filming. They literally just shot a blind arrow, and missed.
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Zufawx » Fri May 27, 2016 9:36 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... 93948c16f5

This article, should you choose to read it, does contain some good points.
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Fri May 27, 2016 10:08 am

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. I present to you the case of Zufawx Vs Arrow.

The Plaintiff here says that Arrow's writers have become lazy and therefore suck.

My client here has been hurt by this statement and has tried very hard to do it's best to present good wholesome entertainment for everyone.

Presented before you is the evidence the plaintiff has brought to the stand.

Zufawx wrote:Before reading this, let the record show that I liked some parts of S4
- Damian Darkh
- Star City
- That Ray/Roy episode
- Curtis
- Oliver's election arc

And that's all...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(⌐■_■) this show. No seriously, (⌐■_■) it in the dunkeh. This show became a steamy pile of أنبوب that makes Dexter's finale look good. This show has turned from something great to something so royally (⌐■_■)! WARNING: SPOILERS FOR S4

The inconsistencies, like those (⌐■_■) nukes, the lazy writing, like (⌐■_■) Malcolm, and the Olicity drama, OH GOD THE (⌐■_■) OLICITY DRAMA, have all but ruined this show. It used to be awesome, epic, and exciting.

This season is possibly the worst season of Arrow so far. I don't agree with the statement that this was "A door the show needed to follow" at all. It's not a door. It shouldn't even be a door. It should be a (⌐■_■) canyon the writing of Arrow fell into. The writing inconsistencies plague this once great show, and the writing doesn't help it wait her.

- How did the nuke Felicity first hack into didn't hit anything? The way it was projected, it should've hit something.
- Why can Felicity hack nukes? Nukes can't be hacked into.
- Who owns the (⌐■_■) lodge? Is it Donna? Thea? Anybody?
- How come Damian couldn't just kill everybody before he started losing his powers?
- He was trained by the League! Why should he resort to magic?
- The final fight scene was أنبوب. They're both highly trained in martial arts and they're just trading punches in the face back and forth? Did the action scene choreographer take time off or what?
- What was the corn for?
- Let's not forget the "two hours" that started at night time, included some daylight, then ended at night.
- What was that tattoo on Oliver's for?
- How did HIVE get their hands on the artifact?
- When Curtis made that chip thing, why wasn't it a big deal? Shouldn't that have made Palmer Tech super important?
- There was no point in telling Felicity's dad to leave, so why?
- The 2 hour time limit lasted for a day. A (⌐■_■) day. Night and Day. That's definently 2 hours, guys.
- How come Anarky can take Oliver, Thea, and Diggle?
- Why can't Oliver make his own decisions, and have to rely on Felciity?
- What are Darkh's powers? They've been really inconsistent.
- Why in gods name did they make the flashbacks even less interesting than S3?
- How come Felicity is only his light?
- When Felicity got shot, Oliver goes on a rampage. But when Laurel dies, someone who he has known for years and has a personal history with, someone who has always been by his side, he just shrugges it off. What?
- So I'm guessing offscreen the nukes exploded in space?
- If it's so easy to hack a nuke, why is this not a threat to national security?
- What happened to HIVE?
- What did Laurel say to Ollie? You know what, I think the writers added that in and didn't bother to come up with a reason.
- Why the green filter for his costume?
- Why didn't Felciity do something when her mom was being choke. I don't care about that probability of her dying, it's HER FREAKING MOM!
- ...and a lot more (⌐■_■) problems with this show.

And that original team arrow thing, oh my god, I wanted to stab Felciity in the eye for saying that. She was never apart of the OTA.

This season on a whole made me realize that they're other better versions of this show, and I don't need to waste any time with this crap.

So goodbye Arrow. Hopefully a new show runner with replace the current one, and the writing team all die in a hole. Goodbye.

In this evidence presented many errors in judgment have occurred. For one I believe Zufawx has lost his sense of an impartial judgment and therefore his evidence must be carefully examined.

If you see here in the first paragraph the plaintiff states clearly and i quote, "(⌐■_■) it in the dunkeh." This statement is generally regarded as one of endearment as sexual intercourse is considered a form of expressing one's positive emotions towards the one addressed. Yet clearly throughout his argument the plaintiff makes numerous references to his general distaste with my client. This presents an inconsistency in his writing and therefore a hypocrisy given his statement of how he despises "The inconsistencies".

The plaintiff accused my client of lazy writing. With lazy being a qualitative term and therefore an opinion this statement remains null and void.

As the plaintiff has stated, my my client has had difficulty this season. It is definitely his worst. But that is not to say that it is absolutely awful.

As first stated
"How did the nuke Felicity first hack into didn't hit anything? The way it was projected, it should've hit something."
Yes this statement is true. However, it was about time they got some luck. The show wouldn't have been able to progress and move forward should the nuke have detonated. It was simply luck that allowed the nuke not to hit a building. Given that the layout of a major city, for example Star City, would be largely grid like is makes sense that if the nuke were to make a U-turn around a building as it did, it would be able to make it's way down a straight path long enough for it to clear the skyline.

"Why can Felicity hack nukes? Nukes can't be hacked into."
False. Nukes actually have been hacked into repeatedly over the few years we have had them. Nuke hacking is a constant danger and threat to American Society and therefore should be warded against. It makes sense that a brilliant hacker such as Felicity Smoak should be able to hack the nuke that quickly and turn it away from Star City.

"How come Damian couldn't just kill everybody before he started losing his powers?"
Because in the mind of Damien, he didn't need to. These people would be dead very soon so why waste the energy. THere was nothing they could do in his mind. So he had nothing to fear.

"He was trained by the League! Why should he resort to magic?"
Would you rather sweat and grunt and fight or would you rather hold out your hand and have them beg for mercy.

"The final fight scene was أنبوب. They're both highly trained in martial arts and they're just trading punches in the face back and forth? Did the action scene choreographer take time off or what? "
Martial art - noun - Popularity: Bottom 40% of words - Simple Definition of martial art: any one of several forms of fighting and self-defense (such as karate and judo) that are widely practiced as sports
Full Definition of martial art: any of several arts of combat and self defense (as karate and judo) that are widely practiced as sport
Martial arts is hitting and trading punches. That's the whole point. The Choreographer, without a doubt spent weeks on that. It probably took forever to shoot. If you think you could do a better job by all means go right ahead.

"What was the corn for?"
The corn was the food source to be used in the Dome while the world burned. It makes sense. Stop looking for faults.

"What was that tattoo on Oliver's for?"
The Bratva. The russian mafia. if you spent more time watching the show instead of pissing your pants every time Felicity cries you might actually see this.

"How come Anarky can take Oliver, Thea, and Diggle?"
Because he is a very skilled fighter, with nothing to lose. When someone has nothing to lose, but everything to gain, they fight like haayyyl. Oliver has much to lose. Anarky... not so much.

"How did HIVE get their hands on the artifact?"
HIVE has resources all over the world. They have magic for god's sake. Maybe they stole it. Who cares, it's not relevant to the story. It happened long ago after the Artifact left the island. Do you need to be spoon-fed a story?

"Why can't Oliver make his own decisions, and have to rely on Felciity?"
Ignoring your insufficient grammar, I am going to assume you mean that why does he have to rely on felicity to help make decisions. Well think about it. Oliver has been on his own for very long. Back from the island, it took a long time to learn to trust others. That's what this and the previous season have been about. He has finally learned to accept help and opinions from others. It's not that he can't make decisions on his own, it's just that having two opinions can shed more light on the problem and subject.

"What are Darkh's powers? They've been really inconsistent."
Magic. They don't have to be consistent. Magic is limitless and has endless possibilities. He is using his favorite aspects, they don't have to be consistent.

"When Felicity got shot, Oliver goes on a rampage. But when Laurel dies, someone who he has known for years and has a personal history with, someone who has always been by his side, he just shrugged it off. What?"
This is maturity. He has grown since his felicirampage. Now he is a more mature character.

"If it's so easy to hack a nuke, why is this not a threat to national security?"
it's not easy. It's felicity she is very very good. Top hacker in the world? And it is a threat to security.

"Why didn't Felciity do something when her mom was being choke. I don't care about that probability of her dying, it's HER FREAKING MOM!"
What could she have done? He has magic. She has a computer.

"...and a lot more (⌐■_■) problems with this show."
This is lazy writing.
Whenever someone's asked what power they wish they had, flyings always at the top of the list. but I have to admit, I've learned to love falling too.
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by EpicHawk » Fri May 27, 2016 10:18 am

EpicHawk
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

PostPosted by Zufawx » Fri May 27, 2016 10:27 am

I'm not changing my opinion.
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by EpicHawk » Fri May 27, 2016 10:37 am

This is the IMDB ratings of every Arrow season and episode:

As you can see, the 1st two seasons were gaining more viewers. The third season leveled a bit and the fourth just plummeted.

IMDb apparently hates Arrow as much as you do, Zufawx
EpicHawk
Puss in Boots
Puss in Boots

PreviousNext

Return to General