Deathstroke

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other categories here.

Re: Deathstroke

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:55 pm

yeah kinda
Whenever someone's asked what power they wish they had, flyings always at the top of the list. but I have to admit, I've learned to love falling too.
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Zufawx » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:56 pm

I wonder if they'll pull an Arkham Asylum.
"Life needs things to live." - Percy, Critical Role
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:57 pm

?
Whenever someone's asked what power they wish they had, flyings always at the top of the list. but I have to admit, I've learned to love falling too.
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Zufawx » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Apparently, Ben and John want the Batman solo movie to trump other Batman movies, so they want to include a lot of Batman's rouge gallery. So they're pulling an Asylum and have Joker take over the prison, and have Batman stop him.
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:02 pm

*Sigh* when will movie makers realize "mo' villains mo' problems"
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Zufawx » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:06 pm

TheMetaphoricalPen wrote:*Sigh* when will movie makers realize "mo' villains mo' problems"

Well, actually, the Sinister Six could solve this problem, if they make Spidey face off against them.

Rhino, Sandman, Shocker, and Electro are literally B-List thugs who got super powers. The only people with actual backstory are Dock Ock and Vulture.
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:40 pm

I think thats why it sucks though. Just having two of six characters with heavy backstory and bland driveless villains just kinda sucks and feels like it was tacked on as an afterthought. One intimidating villain or two really good ones fits perfectly. MAYBE 3 if done right. but thats a big maybe.
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Zufawx » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:47 pm

TheMetaphoricalPen wrote:I think thats why it sucks though. Just having two of six characters with heavy backstory and bland driveless villains just kinda sucks and feels like it was tacked on as an afterthought. One intimidating villain or two really good ones fits perfectly. MAYBE 3 if done right. but thats a big maybe.

I think it would ultimately depend on the tone of the overall movie.

A John Hughe's vibe is perfect for the Sinister Six. The criminals from Home Alone were just criminals, and they were great characters. What makes Spiderman unique is the conflict is never Spiderman v.s The Bad Guy. It's can Spiderman defeat the villain on time before Aunt May has a heart attack for worrying about him, or for an exam he has to take? What makes Spiderman 2 so great was that Spiderman and Dock Ock had no personal hatred against the other. To DO, Spiderman was a menace, while Spiderman thought DO was a simple villain with mechanical arms.
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by TheMetaphoricalPen » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:49 pm

I just really like the story arcs where its that one badass super intimidating villain. It just is great
TheMetaphoricalPen
The Evil M
The Evil M

PostPosted by Zufawx » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:50 pm

TheMetaphoricalPen wrote:I just really like the story arcs where its that one badass super intimidating villain. It just is great

While that is much simpler and one I personally prefer, I think the mo villains, mo problems thing is due to bad writing. coughASM2cough
Zufawx
The Evil M
The Evil M

PreviousNext

Return to General